Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Attack of the fog!

Does anyone else's brain get like this? I have been trying to think of something to write for the past 20 minutes and it's like a fog has drifted over my brain. This is definitely what people call the afternoon slump. It's the perfect time for a nap, but I have a feeling falling asleep at community college would result in being kidnapped and sold into Russian slavery like that girl in Taken. Shut up, I love Taken. Fine, I'll see the sequel by myself.

I think part of the reason for this haze my brain seems to be swimming in is the fact that I am breaking all my rules today. I stayed up too late last night working on writing a new kid's show. This brought me a lot of happiness at the time, but led me to only get six hours of sleep, which many people might be used to, but makes me one cranky bunny. I have also been trying to eat big breakfasts and smaller lunches, because this was said to improve your energy level. Well, I managed half a yogurt this morning, and God knows why, but the bag of popcorn I bought from this crappy cafeteria, doesn't seem to be cutting it. Add poor eating, little sleep, no exercise, to a rainy day, and nd you've got one zombie who is dangerously close to sending her hand through the mail machine on accident.

I read a very interesting article on the President the other day. First of all, he only gets six hours of sleep a night. Man, the country would be in bad shape if I kept that kinda sleep schedule. I'd be all like, "Where's my animal crackers and juice box?! You're all fired! This whole country is fired! You all are a bunch of jerks!" and then I'd cry because I was missing a button or something. Also, he only wears navy or grey suits, because he doesn't want to have to decide what to wear each morning. Disappointed as I was to find out that we will never see Obama leave the White House in say, Seersucker, his limited selection makes sense. Like I said before, more choices actually make us less happy. Also, apparently making decisions drains our energy level and hinders us from making other decisions in the day. Think about if someone starts asking you a lot of questions "Red or blue?" "Red" "Hot or cold?" "Cold" "Tall or short?" "Uh..Tall" "Should we invade this country?" "Oh my God, I don't care anymore" It might not go exactly like that. Again, let's all be glad I'm not the president.

Still, the president says he would rather spend his decision-making abilities deciding on things like foreign policy rather than the type of suit he wears. Just another supporter of my "less choices, more decisions" policy.

Now can someone DECIDE to get me a pumpkin spice latte and a pillow before I have to go to class? Thanks.

Clean it up :(
Do it right :/
Let it go :/
Move more :(
Eat right :(
Act Energetic :(

"Most consequential choices involve shades of gray, and some fog is often useful in getting things done."~Timothy Geithner

No comments:

Post a Comment