Monday, November 12, 2012

Ways to Ruin a Perfectly Good Day



Hey there! Are you having a terrific day? Are you looking to turn that day around? Here's some tips on ways to absolutely spoil your day.

1. Go to wipe something off your face and accidentally cover your eyeball in sunscreen. Commence searing pain, screaming, and jumping up and down with a towel pressed to your eye.

2. Bring your lunch to work and have someone throw the whole thing out when they decide to clean out the office mini-fridge. That way you can be hangry and then carbo-load on free bagels.

3. Try to make a major life decision while your eye is watering and your blood-sugar is on a tilt-o-whirl.

Now, in case you need to reverse the process ( but why would you want to?) Here's some ways to get you back on track.

1. Get a big hug from your bf.

2. Drink some boxed wine and sing "The Ladies who Lunch" at the top of your lungs.

3. Watch back to back episodes of "Teen Mom 2" and remind yourself that things could be WAY worse.

Things I am thankful for:

10. My voice. Not in a conceited way, I don't think I'm Audra McDonald or anything. But I love that I can sing, and I love that I have a low, man-ish voice like I'm a madame from the 20's or something.

11. Showtunes. Since I was a little kid, when I discover a new show I like I download the soundtrack and listen to it until I absolutely can't stand it anymore. Then I forget about it. Then I re-discover it and fall in love all over it. I can't tell you how many times I've done this with A Chorus Line and Once Upon a Mattress There is nothing like singing as loud as you can and making up the tap moves to "I can do that" even though you suck at tap-dancing and that song was written for a boy.

12.Philadelphia. Sure the city gets me down sometimes, but there's something so nice about how quiet the streets are in the morning, how the sunrises over the Delaware, how there are always dogs to be spotted in the park. I love walking instead of driving, I love the hip new restaurants we have, and living among historic stuff I don't remember the name of.

Simplicity :(
Energy :)
Mindfulness :)
Make time :)
Don't apologize :)
Fun in failure :(

"You can have a bad day, but as soon as you set foot on that stage it's joyous."~Glenn Tipton

Photo by http://www.interviewing.com/bad-day-doesnt-have-to-mean-a-bad-interview/

No comments:

Post a Comment