Monday, September 10, 2012

Simple September

First, let me say that anyone who thinks that tootsie rolls are the appropriate treat to put in their office candy bowl is sorely mistaken. How do you think people feel when they wait for you to leave your office, sneak in hoping for a mini Reese's cup, and find themselves staring at a wax-tasting pile of disappointment. Tsk, I say, tsk.

Of course, finding a Ghirardelli chocolate wrapper in your sheets while your doing laundry doesn't help you seem LESS of a sad sack. Sugar addictions aside, I've decided that September should be all about simplicity. To achieve this, I have come up with three goals. I'm sure you're dying to know what they are.

1.Clean it up.
2. Do it right.
3. Let it go.

After two days of work, I completed cleaning my room. This doesn't sound interesting or brave to you, does it? You haven't seen my room. Here's the thing: I am NEVER home. Like most of this great country, I am run run running most of the day and night. Ergo, my window ledge had become a mountain trail of old interpreting papers, my file cabinet was more of a rectangular box full or random sheet music, and my bed? Well, my bed was my closet. Clothes were EVERYWHERE. "How did you sleep?" You ask. Remember that puppet that lived in the junkyard in Labrynth? That was me. Just call my name, and I'll emerge from the ratty robes and laundry that is no longer clean nor dirty, just is, and I awake fresh as a daisy.

Needless to say, it was a chore. Still, it feels awesome, and I smile everytime I walk in my room. I can actually see the awful dark green carpet. The coffee mug rings can no longer tell you the age of my dressers. And there's one 2ft by 2ft spot in my closet that has NOTHING in it. It's a glorious feeling.

I am going to continue with my "clean bed, clean head" theory by picking up after myself as soon as I notice the mess. In short, "Do it right."

I'll be scoring myself everyday. For cleaning it up? Today gets any ever mature smiley emoticon.

:)

Do it right? Not so great. Will elaborate later.

:(

Let it go? Not bad! I didn't let the stress of the workday effect my home life (A big problemo of mine) We'll give it a not-so-sure.

:/

"Cleanliness becomes more important when godliness is unlikely."~P.J. O'Rourke.

Photo from http://myrentalpad.com/2010/03/a-green-clean/


No comments:

Post a Comment